/ Published in: Bash
To make an ISO from your CD/DVD, place the media in your drive but do not mount it. If it automounts, unmount it.
- dd if=/dev/dvd of=dvd.iso # for dvd
- dd if=/dev/cdrom of=cd.iso # for cdrom
- dd if=/dev/scd0 of=cd.iso # if cdrom is scsi
- # To make an ISO from files on your hard drive, create a directory which holds the files you want. Then use the mkisofs command.
- # This results in a file called cd.iso in folder tmp which contains all the files and directories in /tmp/directory.
- mkisofs -o tmp/cd.iso /tmp/directory
- #for long names use
- mkisofs -l -o temp.iso files_to_save/*
You need to login to post a comment.