Rel and rev attributes are quite hard to get your head round, and very easy to mix up. Hopefully this snippet will explain the difference.
- <!-- Imagine the current page is a contact page -->
- <!-- The rel attribute -->
- Describes the relationship between the current document and the page linked to in the href.
- e.g. From the current page(contact), the page being linked to is it's help page.
- <!-- The rev attribute -->
- The opposite of the rel attribute. The relationship between the linked document(help)
- and the current document(contact).
- NOTE: This is considered overkill. rev is mainly used in the vote-links microformat.
You need to login to post a comment.