Clever usage of apply allows you to use built-ins functions for some tasks that otherwise probably would have been written by looping over the array values. As an example here we are going to use Math.max/Math.min to find out the maximum/minimum value in an array.
- /* min/max number in an array */
- var numbers = [5, 6, 2, 3, 7];
- /* using Math.min/Math.max apply */
- var max = Math.max.apply(null, numbers); /* This about equal to Math.max(numbers, ...) or Math.max(5, 6, ..) */
- var min = Math.min.apply(null, numbers);
You need to login to post a comment.