You can find out the word sizes and endianness of a device by compiling the following program with a cross compiler and looking at the executable with the
strings program or a hex editor. The
TESTIF macro puts a copy of the statement to test and its truth value into a string which will be present in the exe. This helps if you do not have such a device handy, or if it is cumbersome to access (requires loading firmware etc.).
- #include <stdio.h>
- #include <endian.h>
- #define TESTIF(a) printf((a)? (#a ": TRUE") : (#a ": FALSE"));
- int main(int argc, char **argv)
- TESTIF(sizeof(short) == 2)
- TESTIF(sizeof(int) == 4)
- TESTIF(sizeof(long) == 4)
- TESTIF(sizeof(long long) == 8)
- TESTIF(sizeof(void*) == 4)
- TESTIF(__BYTE_ORDER == __LITTLE_ENDIAN)
You need to login to post a comment.