First, find the proper package from http://www.joomla.org/download/ and copy its path. Then, over ssh, navigate to the root of the joomla install and perform these commands. In the case of an upgrade, this will overwrite in place the needed files, and in the case of an install, will unpack the package directly in the folder it was uploaded to. Much faster than unzipping locally and ftping.
- // grab package straight from joomla and upload to server
- wget http://path/to/joomla/upgrade/or/install/package-file-name.bz2
- //unpack in place
- tar xjvf package-file-name.bz2
- // alternate command for non-gnutar (not-linux) systems and gz files
- // gunzip < package-file-name.gz | tar xvf -
- //clean up by removing package after unpacking
- rm package-file-name.bz2
You need to login to post a comment.