This ASP function counts files of a specified extension inside a folder: this is done by creating a file system object, open folder and scan files for matching the extension. The match of the extension is made without regular expression but using string functions: Right, Len and Ucase.
- Function countFiles(path,ext)
- Dim fs, folder, c
- c = 0
- Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
- Set folder = fs.GetFolder(path)
- For Each item In folder.Files
- If UCase(Right(item.Name, Len (ext))) = UCase(ext)) Then c=c+1
- countFiles = c
- End Function
You need to login to post a comment.