actionscript3 version of the basic button action. in actionscript3, button actions can no longer be attached to the buttons themselves or called from the main timeline. you need to put an 'addEventListener' in the timeline to 'listen' for interaction with the button and then call an appropriate function to deal with that action.
the button needs to have an instance name. in this case it is called 'stupidbutton'
- // add an event listener to listen for a button release [mouse up] and then
- // when it happens - trigger the function called 'buttonstuff'
- this.stupidbutton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP, buttonstuff);
- // buttonstuff function - triggered by the above listener
- function buttonstuff(event:MouseEvent):void
- // replace the trace with your own button actions
- trace("button pressed");
- // end buttonstuff function
You need to login to post a comment.