The telnet is insecure and unencrypted protocol. The use of this unencrypted protocol could allow users to sniff network traffic and to steal sensitive information like username and password.
- 1. Login to the server through SSH and su to root.
- 2. Edit /etc/xinetd.d/telnet by typing vi /etc/xinetd.d/telnet
- 3. Search for the line: disable = no and replace with disable = yes
- 4. Save /etc/xinetd.d/telnet and exit
- 5. Restart the inetd service: /etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd restart
- 6. Also turn off telnet through: /sbin/chkconfig telnet off
You need to login to post a comment.