When installing mysql and mysql-dev with fink, gem is unable to find the mysql headers and libraries: you should specify their location. If compiled manually from source, gem will find it if /usr/local/mysql (or what ever other location you specified at compilation time) is in your path.
- # in case mysql was installed through fink, one should
- sudo gem install mysql -- \
- --with-mysql-dir=/sw/bin/mysql \
- --with-mysql-include=/sw/include/mysql \
- --with-mysql-lib=/sw/lib/mysql \
- # if installed from source with make install :
- sudo gem install mysql --
You need to login to post a comment.