You want to start a new Rails app. But you also want to start a new RVM gemset for the app so you can start with the latest Rails and gems. In this code snippet I show how I start off an up-to-date Rails project in a clean gemset.
- # create and use the new RVM gemset
- $ rvm use --create 1.9.3@awesome_rails_project
- # install rails into the blank gemset
- $ gem install rails
- # generate the new rails project
- $ rails new awesome_rails_project
- # go into the new project directory and create an .rvmrc for the gemset
- $ cd awesome_rails_project
- $ rvm --rvmrc 1.9.3@awesome_rails_project
- # verify the rvmrc
- $ cd ..; cd -
You need to login to post a comment.