/ Published in: Apache
To fix the issue with localhost under Windows 8 giving a 403 error (but working for 127.0.0.1) I did the following:
- From the WampServer icon, left click, select Apache > Alias Directories > .../phpmyadmin/ > Edit alias to open the alias configuration file and then changed:
- <Directory "c:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.5.1/">
- Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
- AllowOverride all
- Order Deny,Allow
- Deny from all
- Allow from 127.0.0.1
- such that the Allow line became:
- Allow from 127.0.0.1 ::1
- That will fix things for phpmyadmin and if you intend to use SQLbuddy or Webgrind then you'll need to make a similar change to their configuration files. Furthermore, if you've modified the Apache configuration (as I had) then you'll to make a similar change to any localhost Allows in httpd.conf too.
CommentsSubscribe to comments
You need to login to post a comment.