/ Published in: Python
Shows usage of the Python filter() function
- # Suppose you have a list of people's first names. You want to reduce the list down to only those people whose first names start with "C".
- people = ['Amy', 'Alice', 'Bobby', 'Charlie', 'Connie', 'David']
- # You would create a callback function that would look something like this:
- def starts_with_c(name):
- if name == "C":
- return True
- return False
- # So then, you would run the filter function
- starts_with_c_list = filter(starts_with_c, people)
- print starts_with_c_list
- # prints ['Charlie', 'Connie']
You need to login to post a comment.