/ Published in: Objective C
Just a review, there is no code here. Simply for the mind :)
- In review, these are the steps for setting up the delegate pattern between two objects, where object A is the delegate for object B and object B will send out the messages:
- - Define a delegate @protocol for object B.
- - Give object B a property for that delegate protocol.
- - Make object B send messages to its delegate when something interesting happens, such as the user pressing the Cancel or Done buttons, or when it needs a piece of information.
- - Make object A conform to the delegate protocol. It should put the name of the protocol in its @interface line and implement the methods from the protocol.
- - Tell object B that object A is now its delegate. -> The proper place to do that when youâ€™re using Storyboards is in the prepareForSegue method.
You need to login to post a comment.