A pair of handy terminal commands for converting Apple .plist preference files from binary to XML format [allowing for easy editing with a text editor] and then back to binary again, afterwards.
- # Let's use the Finder's prefs file as an example
- # Convert it to XML format
- plutil -convert xml1 ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist
- # After editing, convert it back
- plutil -convert binary1 ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist
- # Restart the Finder
- killall Finder
You need to login to post a comment.