Because our server is a virtual machine inside a virtual machine (it's like inception), we can't transfer file using FTP. You need using SVN repository as a bridge to do so.
Follow Exercise 3, create a folder in your own computer, checkout from your INDIVIDUAL repository (the url we used for exercise 3 is for group project, use this one instead)
Put some file in the folder and commit, your files will be upload to the repository.
Now you can download these files from repository to the server.
- #login to our server,
- ssh userid@mx3
- #make a new folder in your home directory to checkout from you individual repository
- mkdir myfolder
- #checkout from repository
- svn co https://punch.cs.sfu.ca/svn/CMPT470-1117-userid myfolder
- #now all your files should have been downloaded to myfolder
- #move the file you need to public_html folder, so it will be visible from web
- mv myfolder/myprogram.py /home/userid/public_html/myprogram.py
- #now you should able to view your file from http://cmpt470.csil.sfu.ca:8003/~userid/myprogram.py
You need to login to post a comment.