In addition to CSS style information for your theme, style.css provides details about the Theme in the form of comments. The stylesheet must provide details about the Theme in the form of comments. No two Themes are allowed to have the same details listed in their comment headers, as this will lead to problems in the Theme selection dialog. If you make your own Theme by copying an existing one, make sure you change this information first.
The following is an example of the first few lines of the stylesheet, called the stylesheet header, for the Theme "Twenty Ten":
- Theme Name: Twenty Ten
- Theme URI: http://wordpress.org/
- Description: The 2010 default theme for WordPress.
- Author: the WordPress team
- Version: 1.0
- Tags: black, blue, white, two-columns, fixed-width, custom-header, custom-background, threaded-comments, sticky-post, translation-ready, microformats, rtl-language-support, editor-style, custom-menu (optional)
- License URI:
- General comments (optional).
You need to login to post a comment.