/ Published in: ActionScript 3
- // This is for creating a duplicate of a stage object that exists in the FLA library at compile time
- // The object must have a 'Export for Actionscript ticked in it's properties panel and a valid class name in the 'Class' box
- // If the symbol only has a single frame just add another so it registers as MovieClip() rather than Sprite()
- private function cloneObject(source:DisplayObject):void
- var objectClass:Class = Object(source).constructor;
- var instance:MovieClip = new objectClass() as MovieClip;
- instance.transform = source.transform;
- instance.filters = source.filters;
- instance.cacheAsBitmap = source.cacheAsBitmap;
- instance.opaqueBackground = source.opaqueBackground;
- instance.x += 20; // just to show the duplicate exists!
You need to login to post a comment.