/ Published in: Bash
For starters, BASH is an acronym meaning Born Again Shell. $PATH are the places where it will look for commands and in the order in which they are placed.
- #Show all the available paths
- chrisaiv$ echo $PATH
- #Just for the BASH shell
- chrisaiv$ ~/.bash_profile
- #.profile is for all shells
- chrisaiv$ .profile
- #List all files and make it look pretty
- alias ll="ls -lahG"
- #1 #2 #3 #4 (Existing Paths)
- export PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:$PATH"
You need to login to post a comment.