Good info here too: http://www.ilisys.com.au/support/linux-password-protect/
- Step 1 - Create .htaccess file in folder you want to protect, copy the code and paste the code below, and then set server path to the file
- AuthUserFile /path/to/.htpasswd
- AuthName "Restricted Area"
- AuthType Basic
- Require valid-user
- Step 2 - Open Terminal, go to the directory you want to protect, and enter the following (changing the username to whatever you want). Enter the password upon prompting.
- htpasswd -c .htpasswd username
CommentsSubscribe to comments
You need to login to post a comment.