/ Published in: AppleScript
- -- this function quits the app based on its process name, NOT its application name
- -- based on code here: http://codesnippets.joyent.com/posts/show/1124
- -- we need to use the pid, none of the AE apis returned the right name for "tell application x to quit"
- on quit_app(process_name)
- if app_is_running(process_name) then
- tell application "System Events"
- set appID to unix id of application process process_name
- end tell
- do shell script "kill " & appID
- end if
- end quit_app
You need to login to post a comment.