/ Published in: Bash
This is based upon a debian guide, it seems to work well for ubuntu as well, all these steps can be performed via remote ssh (no need to access the machine).
- $ sudo apt-get install vnc4server
- # the following will require a password setup
- $ vnc4server -geometry 1024x768 -depth 24
- # the following will output something like New 'Hostname:1 (user)' desktop is Tethys:1
- $ vnc4server
- # Now all that is left is to add to ~/.vnc/xstartup, the following
- # The rest is the same
- # add the following which creates a gnome-session on startup
You need to login to post a comment.