The info function is designed to be used by you, the programmer, while working in the Python IDE. It takes any object that has functions or methods (like a module, which has functions, or a list, which has methods) and prints out the functions and their doc strings.
- def info(object, spacing=10, collapse=1):
- """Print methods and doc strings.
- Takes module, class, list, dictionary, or string."""
- methodList = [method for method in dir(object) if callable(getattr(object, method))]
- processFunc = collapse and (lambda s: " ".join(s.split())) or (lambda s: s)
- print "\n".join(["%s %s" %
- processFunc(str(getattr(object, method).__doc__)))
- for method in methodList])
- if __name__ == "__main__":
- print info.__doc__
You need to login to post a comment.