After imposting my bookmarks to Delicious and having it auto-tag all my bookmarks (some auto-categorization was why I did this in the first place), I had more tags then bookmarks, and about half of the tags were only used on 1 bookmark. I felt that these tags were providing a lot of clutter and little benefit. Deleting tags in Delicious is a long process, so I put this script together. This renames all the single-use tags to "deleteme", so once it's done you just login and delete that 1 tag and the problem is solved. It also lowercases all tag names to be consistant with the tags in Delicious.
Depends on delicious.py - get it here: http://github.com/mudge/python-delicious
- import delicious
- fb = delicious.connect('<username>', '<password>')
- tags = fb.tags()
- for tag in tags:
- if tag['count'] == 1:
- fb.rename_tag(tag['name'], tag['deleteme'])
- if not tag['name'] == tag['name'].lower():
- login.rename_tag(tag['name'], tag['name'].lower())
- #Now login to Delicious and delete the 'deleteme' tag.
You need to login to post a comment.