/ Published in: CSS
Fairly simple, cross-browser way to rotate text using only CSS.
- //For Webkit and Firefox (as of 3.5), you can take advantage of the proposed transform property to handle the rotation. Each browser requires its property prefix for now.
- -webkit-transform: rotate(-90deg);
- -moz-transform: rotate(-90deg);
- //In order to perform a transformation, the element has to be set to display:block. In this case, just add the declaration to the span that you want to rotate.
- //When it comes to effects in Internet Explorer, there is a surprising amount of power (and untapped at that, I'd say) in using filters. Although misleading, there is a filter called BasicImage that offers up the ability to rotate any element that has layout.
- filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(rotation=3);
You need to login to post a comment.