When I'm watching a movie on my computer, I get tired of Twitterrific popping up and obscuring my view. And I got really tired of quitting the app and forgetting to open it up again. So I wrote this little script that quits the app for me and opens it automatically some time later.
This isn't perfect; the script will be running the whole time in between quit and relaunch, but without getting into launchd or atrun, this works just fine.
- set appName to "Twitterrific"
- display dialog "How many minutes should I sleep?" default answer "60"
- set waitFor to (text returned of result as number) * 60
- tell application appName to quit
- delay waitFor
- tell application appName to activate
You need to login to post a comment.