Wow. Snipplr made it to number one on del.icio.us yesterday. This brought in a ton of new users and a lot of great suggestions for improving the website. That said, I thought I’d share my current todo list of features/changes I’m working on this weekend. Most of these are suggestions from visitors. So, if you have your own suggestions or additions to the list below, please post in the comments.
New Languages to be Supported
- Common Lisp
- XML and XSLT
Feature Requests I’m Working On
- Discussion/comments for each snippet.
- Extended user profiles. (website, location, job, fav programming languages, etc)
- In the user profiles, people can set their spoken language and also set Snipplr to only show them Snippets in that language.
- Option to make snippets private.
- Make snippets viewable only to certain users you pick. (Not sure if I’ll do this one right away. But I’m considering it.)
So, that list along with my own bug fixes are what I’m working on at the moment and what I hope to accomplish this weekend.
One note regarding the programming languages above. It’s easy for me to add support for additional languages (I just add them to the language dropdown box). The trick is to add syntax highlighting for them. Currently, I’m using the Text_Highlighter class available from the Pear repository. If anyone would like to contribute additional language highlighting classes for it, I’d be very grateful.